Society Registration In Tamil Nadu - Complete Process
Society Registration in Tamil Nadu is a way to create organized groups with mutual aims and goals. Non-profit Organizations, social clubs, cultural associations or any other endeavor, etc, get a legal recognition and a structured framework for operation after their legal registration as Society. This article aims to provide a comprehensive overview of society registration online, outlining the process, benefits, and important considerations involved.
The process of Society Registration involves various intricacies and approvals from the Government. So Consult with Professional Utilities for the purpose of registering a society in Tamil Nadu.
What is the Society Registration Act,1860?
An organization or group of people could decide to register as a society under the Society Registration Act, 1860 in order to obtain legal status if they are working together for the good of the community rather than for their own benefit.
Documents Required For Society Registration In Tamil Nadu
Documents required for Society Registration are as follow
- PAN Card of all members of the society is required during the process of registration along with the application.
- Aadhaar Card, Passport, Bank statement, Driving license, Utility bill, or any other Residential Proof required of all members for registration.
- A legal document Memorandum of Association is created, which includes the name, registered address, area of operation of the society.
- At least 3 members of the governing board should sign the XRules & Regulations.
- Copy of registered office Address Proof along with NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the landlord, if any, has to be attached.
- A complete list of all members of the governing body is given along with their signature.
- A covering Letter mentioning the purpose for which the society is being formed
- The President of the Proposed Society must give a declaration stating that he/she is willing & qualified to hold the mentioned position
Society Registration Process in Tamil Nadu
The detailed Stepwise process of Society Registration in Tamil Nadu is as follows:
Step 01 – Documentation
The initial step is to finish the paperwork for registering a society. There are multiple documents that are prepared in accordance with the rules and regulations mentioned by the government for society registration.
Remember that incomplete or inaccurate documentation may result in the denial of your application. To avoid any mistake, register now with Professional Utilities.
Fee For Society Registration In Tamil Nadu
The fee structure of society registration in Tamil Nadu is as follow
|Society Registration in Tamil Nadu
|State Level Society Fee
|National Level Society Fee
Fee for Society Registration may vary from State to State.The above fee includes Government Fee, legal and professional fee, and administrative expenditure.
Eligibility Criteria for Society Registration
Society Registration eligibility criteria generally includes the following:
- Minimum Members: Minimum 7 members are required to form a society.
- Common Objectives: Members must share a common social, cultural, charitable, literary, scientific, or other non-profit objectives.
- Non-profit Intent: Society’s Primary Purpose should be promoting the welfare of the community without the intention of making a profit.
- Jurisdiction: Society must be formed within the Jurisdiction of the applicable government authority.
- Legal Capacity: Members should have the legal capacity to enter into contacts and form an organization.
Types Of Societies
- haritable Societies: Charitable Societies aim to uplift the underprivileged section of society and undertake projects to support their welfare.
- Educational Societies: To advance and disseminate knowledge through educational institutions Educational Societies established.
- Cultural & Art Societies: Cultural and Artistic Societies are established for preserving, promoting, and nurturing Tamil Nadu’s diverse cultural heritage.
- Environment Societies: These Societies work on ecological conservation, sustainable development, and environmental awareness.
- Health & Medical Societies: Health and medical societies are concerned with public health, healthcare services, and medical research.
- Women’s Empowerment Societies: To promote gender equality, empower women economically, socially, and politically Women’s empowerment Societies establish.
- Sports Societies: To promote sports activities, tournaments and physical fitness, sports societies are formed.
- Youth Development Societies: Youth development societies focus on the overall growth and development of young individuals. They provide platforms for skill development, leadership training, career guidance, and entrepreneurship initiatives.
How to Check Online Status of Society Registration?
- Step 01. Identifying the Official Website
- Step 02. Search For “Status Check”
- Step 03. Enter Required Details
- Step 04. Check Status
In case, if you can’t find an online status check option on the website, look for contact information such as phone numbers or email addresses or you can visit the office of the relevant agency and inquire about the status of the society registration.
Importance Of Society Registration In Tamil Nadu
The registration provides as formal evidence that the society or non-profit organization is a recognized legal person with rights and obligations.
Access to Funds and Resources:
Credibility and Trust:
Benefits & Tax Exemptions:
Society Registration Renewal In Tamil Nadu
- List of Executive Members
- Authenticity Certificate
- Financial Statements
- Audit Report
- Copy of Utilization Certificate
- Signature Of New Members
- Bank Account Passbook
- Passport Size Photo
- Renewal Fee
Renewal Process of Society Registration In Tamil Nadu
Step 1. The application for the renewal of a society’s registration in Tamil Nadu must include a list of the members of the governing body chosen after the first registration or renewal.
Step 2. The society registration certificate had to be renewed only if the Registrar had not dispensed it due to destruction, loss, or any other relevant reason
Step 3. The following details must be included with an online application form for renewal provided by the state government on its relevant official website:
- Number of the current society registration file.
- The identification of the group whose registration needs to be renewed.
- All of the applicant’s contact details, including their telephone and email addresses
Step 4. Submission of the required documentation is required. When the society registration is renewed, the prior file number will be retained.
Why Professional Utilities?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Easy Registration Process
- One Stop Corporate Solution
- PAN India Services
- Free Expert Assistance
- Google Verified Business
- Dedicated Support Staff
- Money-Back Guarantee